struts-user mailing list archives

From "Hodgins, Grant" <GrantHodg...@SierraSystems.com>
Subject RE: AjaxTag 1.3 support?
Date Sat, 02 Feb 2008 00:02:04 GMT
I was able to get the AjaxTags stuff working (with Tiles2 although I don't think that matters
at all).

As Dave said, your action should return null since you want the action to return XML in the
response.

Instead, in addition to returning a null result, I simply wrote the xml to the response:

AjaxXmlBuilder xml = new AjaxXmlBuilder();

... build your xml response ...

response.setContentType("text/xml; charset=iso-8859-1");
response.setHeader("Cache-Control", "no-store, max-age=0, no-cache, must-revalidate");
response.addHeader("Cache-Control", "post-check=0, pre-check=0");
response.setHeader("Pragma", "no-cache");

PrintWriter pw = response.getWriter();
pw.write(xml.toString());
pw.close();

Hope this helps.