struts-user mailing list archives

From Andy <andrh...@hotmail.com>
Subject Struts1 forms with empty Strings
Date Fri, 29 Feb 2008 18:58:35 GMT
Hi,
I was wondering if there is a way to configure Struts1 so Form beans return null values instead
of empty String values when a user does not enter data in a text field, for example.  The
problem is that Hibernate then saves empty Strings to the database instead of nulls.  I would
like to configure something globally if possible.
Thanks.. Andy