struts-user mailing list archives

From Randy Burgess <RBurg...@nuvox.com>
Subject Re: expression validator
Date Fri, 29 Feb 2008 15:59:51 GMT
One of the things I love about Struts is that you get validation without
writing any real validation code. Admittedly it would be nice if you got
client side validation for expressions. As you know you can create a custom
validator and for the client side stuff you would have to edit
form-close-validate.ftl in the xhtml template. String matching javascript is
trivial to write.

Regards,
Randy Burgess
Sr. Web Applications Developer
Nuvox Communications

> From: mojoRising <jpiser@averoinc.com>
> Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 06:55:51 -0800 (PST)
> To: <user@struts.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: expression validator
>

> Thanks. But I still don't understand...According to the link you mentioned it
> is not possible to do what I was trying to. So, what is the point of this
> validator if it doesn't do client side validation? And, are you saying that
> it is not possible to do a simple 'equals' test in client side validation?
>
>  <validator type="expression">password.equals(password2)
>     <message>Passwords do not match</message>
>    </validator>
>

> That validator doesn't do client side validation.
>
> Only the following validators are supported:
>
>     * required validator
>     * requiredstring validator
>     * stringlength validator
>     * regex validator
>     * email validator
>     * url validator
>     * int validator
>     * double validator
>
> http://struts.apache.org/2.0.11/docs/pure-javascript-client-side-validation.
> html
>
> Regards,
> Randy Burgess
> Sr. Web Applications Developer
> Nuvox Communications

This email and any attachments ("Message") may contain legally privileged and/or confidential
information.  If you are not the addressee, or if this Message has been addressed to you in
error, you are not authorized to read, copy, or distribute it, and we ask that you please
delete it (including all copies) and notify the sender by return email.  Delivery of this
Message to any person other than the intended recipient(s) shall not be deemed a waiver of
confidentiality and/or a privilege.