struts-user mailing list archives

From Randy Burgess <RBurg...@nuvox.com>
Subject Re: Struts1 forms with empty Strings
Date Fri, 29 Feb 2008 21:01:37 GMT
Since Strings are immutable you get a new String whenever an operation is
performed on said String, so that seems to me that you would still get the
empty string.

Regards,
Randy Burgess
Sr. Web Applications Developer
Nuvox Communications

> From: Dave Newton <newton.dave@yahoo.com>
> Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 12:53:36 -0800 (PST)
> Subject: Re: Struts1 forms with empty Strings
>
> --- Martin Gainty <mgainty@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> //easiest solution would be to set all the attribute default values to null
>
> Isn't that the default value for a String field? [1]
>
> Does this prevent and empty value from the HTML form being set on the
> ActionForm?
>
> Dave
>
> [1] http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/java/nutsandbolts/datatypes.html
>
>> e.g.
>> public class TestFormBean extends ActionForm
>> {
>>     private String   stringProperty=null;
>>     private Object[] arrayProperty=null;
>>
>>     public  String   getStringProperty()
>>    {
>>      return (stringProperty);
>>     }
>>     public  void   setStringProperty(String stringProperty)
>>     {
>>       this.stringProperty = stringProperty;
>>     }
>>
>>     public  Object[] getArrayProperty()
>>    {
>>      return (arrayProperty);
>>     }
>>     public  void setArrayProperty(Object[] arrayProperty)
>>     {
>>       this.arrayProperty = arrayProperty;
>>     }
>> }

This email and any attachments ("Message") may contain legally privileged and/or confidential
information.  If you are not the addressee, or if this Message has been addressed to you in
error, you are not authorized to read, copy, or distribute it, and we ask that you please
delete it (including all copies) and notify the sender by return email.  Delivery of this
Message to any person other than the intended recipient(s) shall not be deemed a waiver of
confidentiality and/or a privilege.