struts-user mailing list archives

From "Al Sutton" <al.sut...@alsutton.com>
Subject Re: Struts tags and Filter Dispatcher Url Pattern-struts 2.1.1
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2008 08:39:21 GMT
As a first side note S2.1.1 hasn't been released, so you're either using the
very old S2.1.0 snapshot, or you're using the latest from the Subversion
repository.

Most of the tags in S2.1 need the stack due to the way they are rendered, if
you are using any tags you should have the filter in place because many of
them either use defaults from the stack in order to render correctly, or
some (as is the case for sx:head) set default values in the stack to control
how other tags are rendered.

Al.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sanjeev Vijapurapu" <SVijapurapu@WSGC.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2008 9:48 PM
Subject: RE: Struts tags and Filter Dispatcher Url Pattern-struts 2.1.1

That's what I thought but why does tags need stack when I am not
accessing any of the values. It just has sx:head.
So my question is am I right in saying that struts should be able to
render struts tags as it does jstl tags without worrying abt any stack.
If stack is null, it should treat it as an empty stack rather than
throwing null pointer.

Thanks