struts-user mailing list archives

From "Antonio Petrelli" <antonio.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can I use these two together?
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2008 18:58:52 GMT
2008/2/1, javaskull <Greg.Bishop@harcourt.com>:
> Can I use Tiles 2.05 and Struts 1.38 together?

Yes, as long as you don't use integration code, such as forward to a
Tiles definition. There is a Struts 1/Tiles 2 plugin in the SVN trunk
for the future Struts 1.4 but we really don't know when it will be
released.

> Also, if I can, should I change this:
>
> <tiles:insert attribute="header">
> <tiles:put name="title" beanName="title" beanScope="tile" />
> <tiles:put name="formDescription" beanName="formDescription"
> beanScope="tile" />
> <tiles:put name="formInstructions" beanName="formInstructions"
> beanScope="tile" />
> </tiles:insert>
>
> to this:
>
> <tiles:insertAttribute name="header">
> <tiles:putAttribute name="title" value="${tile.title}" />
> <tiles:putAttribute name="formDescription"
> value="${title.formDescription}" />
> <tiles:putAttribute name="formInstructions"
> value="${title.formInstructions}" />
> </tiles:insertAttribute>
>
> ?
>
> I'm confused because there's only 2 of the beanXXX thigns instead of
> all 3.

Ask these Tiles-related questions to Tiles Users mailing list:
http://tiles.apache.org/mail.html

Ciao
Antonio