struts-user mailing list archives

From "Musachy Barroso" <musa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: S2 NESTED iterators & FLAT HashMaps:
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2008 16:38:35 GMT
When you use the "iterator" tag, the value of the "id" tag becomes the
reference to the current object on that iteration(same as "top" on
this case). When iterating over a map, the object is a Map.Entry, so
you need to access the "key" and "value" properties, like

<s:iterator id="superMap" value="myMap">
    Key: <s:property value="superMap.key" /> ....same as <s:property
value="key" />
    Value: <s:property value="superMap.value" />....same as
<s:property value="value" />
</s:iterator>

is not a direct answer to your question, but I think your problem is
around that.
//you can always do %{superMap[top.key]} to access the value, it is
just harder to read

regards
musachy