struts-user mailing list archives

From stanl...@gmail.com
Subject Re: Dynamic Results
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2008 10:16:52 GMT
Thanks Dave --

You really are good at exploring the idiosyncratic realms!  Since one should
not have to crawl around in the bowels of a framework to discover why
straightforward coding does not, I would propose that plug-ins shipped with
the core work according to the
documentation<http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/result-configuration.html>.
Otherwise, we will end up with a list of exceptions a mile long and likely
lose out to another framework.  Is there a compatibility test that shipped
plug-ins must pass?  When code that seemingly should work doesn't,
developers tend to shy away.  If we know that a plug-in does not play nicely
with user configurations where a sister plug-in does; we should fix it.  If
this means changing it to extend StrutsResultSupport like the well-behaved
plug-ins do, then alright.  I realize this is a volunteer business and if a
technician has enough time to make suggestions, they should also be prepared
to roll up their sleeves!  I am willing to help if necessary and eligible.

Scott