struts-user mailing list archives

From stanl...@gmail.com
Subject Re: Dynamic Results
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2008 15:24:46 GMT
Actually when OGNL fails to locate a setXXX(String) on the result when
encountering result parm"${width} " it fails with

 2008-02-15 09:17:25,991ERROR [http-8080-2] (
DefaultActionInvocation.java:createResult:198) - There was an exception
while instantiating the result of type
org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.ChartResult
 2008-02-15 09:17:26,241Caught OgnlException while setting property 'height'
on type 'org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.ChartResult'. - Class:
ognl.OgnlRuntime

and the action setter is never invoked. What would the value of recovery by
setting a result parameter on the action be?  As far as differentiating
between parameters in the config file goes, why wouldn't the lexical context
of the parameter determine the intended application of the value?