struts-user mailing list archives

From Laurie Harper <lau...@holoweb.net>
Subject Re: actions defined in a package are visible in other packages??
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2008 17:14:39 GMT
http://struts.apache.org/2.0.11/docs/action.html

Did you try <s:action namespace="/some-namespace" action="myAction"
executeResult="true"/>? If the namespace of the action that renders this
page is also some-namespace you should be able to leave out the
namespace attribute, too, and just use action="myAction".

L.

paulbrickell wrote:
> Cool the docs would make life easier for us poor saps.
>
> I don't think I was clear about what I am seeing. If I have an action tag in
> my page like this...

> <s:action name="/some-namespace/myAction" executeResult="true"/>
>
> And a struts.xml file that defines a package with the namespace
> 'some-namespace' that contains an action called myAction I see no call to
> the target action (I am debugging and have a breakpoint in my action). I
> simply get a blank space in my output. However if I past a full url in my
> browser e.g. http://x.y.org/myApp/some-namespace/myAction.action all is
> well.
>
> Weird.
>

> newton.dave wrote:
>> --- paulbrickell <paul.brickell@evolvedintelligence.com> wrote:
>>> I had seen those, but the problem I was having was that at no point in
>>> the
>>> docs (afaik) is there an example of a URL to actually target an action in
>>> a