struts-user mailing list archives

From Laurie Harper <lau...@holoweb.net>
Subject Re: reset problem for a dynavalidator form
Date Sat, 02 Feb 2008 18:50:54 GMT
On a normal form submit to an action with validation, if validation
fails, the request is forwarded to the input result and execute() is
bypassed, yes. So, you have two options:

1) as Dave reiterated, you can put your form reset logic in validate();
have your validate method detect the when the reset submit button was
pressed and, if so, clear the form.

2) use a 'cancel' button as the reset submit. A cancel button will (if
you configure the action appropriately) bypass validation and call
directly into your execute() method.

For my money, option 2 is the better approach, since cluttering
validate() with non-validation concerns smells a bit... :p)

L.