struts-user mailing list archives

From Laurie Harper <lau...@holoweb.net>
Subject Re: [LAZY] I could research this, but crunched for time... using different messages?
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2008 20:05:46 GMT
Struts only differentiates the two message types, so you would have to
pick one of your three categories and arrange for those messages to be
stored under a different key. You'd then need to use something other
than the html:messages tag to display them, since that tag only knows
about the two message types supported by Struts.

A possible alternative might be to use the message key as the
differentiator, if you can ensure that (a) all validation errors use a
field-name key and all non-validation errors use
ActionMessages.GLOBAL_MESSAGE.

L.