struts-user mailing list archives

From Laurie Harper <lau...@holoweb.net>
Subject Re: How to come back to previous action?
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2008 15:30:07 GMT
There's nothing specifically built in to handle that, and the exact
approach would depend on how your application is structured. However,
the general idea would be to record the user's location in the app at
the point you want to return them to.

If the 'go back' action is meant to take them back to their search
results page, you'd just need to record the search term(s); if it should
take them back to where they were when they initiated the search, you
would probably need a more pervasive mechanism to always record the
user's location at each page from which a search could occur. If that
includes pages resulting from form submissions, you may need to
additionally record the set of state data (form inputs, etc.) that would
be required to re-generate that page.

Essentially, you need to identify the (set of) return points you want to
support; then from that determine what data you need to record in order
to do that.

L.