struts-user mailing list archives

From Jeromy Evans <jeromy.ev...@blueskyminds.com.au>
Subject Re: Putting Template inside .jar
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2008 00:30:31 GMT
Frans Thamura wrote:

> how to call the template inside a jar in struts development. so I can put
> all the code in one jar, and can be use in another project, and we still
> know, the template inside the jar.

Is the template a JSP?  If so, you're stuck.  In the current container
spec, they must be included in the WAR, not in a JAR.

This is a critical flaw of JSPs and one of the many reasons some
developers prefer velocity or freemarker pages.

To partially overcome the problem, use your build process to copy the
JSP's from the source/jar to the location for packaging into war.  That
way you'll at least have to manage only one copy.