struts-user mailing list archives

From Dale Newfield <D...@Newfield.org>
Subject Re: [struts] How to use Action Mapper?
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2008 17:12:46 GMT
smart acer wrote:
> Unfortunately only apache opensource is allowed for us so we cant use this.

I'm glad I don't have to deal with policies like this one.

> I think I can investigate putting the redirect in interceptor, and if that
> doesnt work then servlet filter? I thought ActionMapper does some of this.

The first problem you'll have if you try to push this inside the struts
portion of your web application is that you'll need to configure struts
to handle EVERY request (i.e.: an empty extension matches everything),
so then you'll have to jump through hoops to get static content (.css,
.js, images, etc.) working again.  Once you've got that fixed, you'll
need to write a special purpose ActionMapper to handle this individual
case (while not messing up the mapping for other actions), and then I
predict you'll still have problems with "/StrutsBlankWeb/example/" vs
"/StrutsBlankWeb/example".

-Dale