struts-user mailing list archives

From Dave Newton <newton.d...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Selecting over Static Maps from Resource Bundle
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2008 01:11:56 GMT
--- Chris Pratt <thechrispratt@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to place the data for the list attribute of an
> <s:select> tag in a resource bundle (so that it can be
> internationalized)?  I have tried adding the data to my
> application.properties file:
>
> gender.map='FEMALE':'Female','MALE':'Male'
>
> Then referencing it in the JSP as:
>
> <s:select name="gender" id="gender" list="#{(getText('gender.map'))}"/>

You could try something like #{%{getText...}} but I suspect that wouldn't
work.

You might also try creating it with a specific map type:

#@java.util.LinkedHashMap@{ getText... }

and see if that affects statement parsing. I suspect that won't work either,
though.

You could also do the work in the action, converting the text values into a
real list/map.

Dave