struts-user mailing list archives

From "Chen Chunwei" <out-chenchun...@cn.panasonic.com>
Subject Re: Help on <data-source>
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2008 07:14:35 GMT
Thanks.

I've tried to specify minCount=2 and maxCount=4. But I've encountered a new exception: The
Network Adapter could not establish the connection. Is that mean something wrong with my network
connection?

I'm using Struts 1.1

Talos

----- Original Message -----
From: "Antonio Petrelli" <antonio.petrelli@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2008 2:58 PM
Subject: Re: Help on <data-source>

Please Chen, the next time you post a question, say that you are using
Struts 1.1 *always*.
See the answers below.

2008/4/1, Chen Chunwei <out-chenchunwei@cn.panasonic.com>:
>    <set-property property="minCount" value="" />
>    <set-property property="maxCount" value="" />

I think this is the problem: specify a value for "minCount" and "maxCount".
And remember to close the connection once you used it!
Notice that, for default, a commons-dbcp datasource will be used,
while I suggest to use the Oracle datasource.
And, BTW, as Vinny said, the datasource support in Struts is
deprecated, I suggest you to use JNDI and configure the datasource in
your container.

Antonio