struts-user mailing list archives

From nnd <ndviv...@gmail.com>
Subject struts.configuration custom configuration object not being loaded
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2008 22:34:00 GMT

We have created a custom struts config class which extends
org.apache.struts2.config.DefaultSettings, but struts cannot load it. We are
trying to load it by setting the struts.configuration to our custom class
name in WEB-INF/classes/struts.properties. This is what we see in our logs:

ERROR [main] Settings - Settings: Could not instantiate the
struts.configuration object, substituting the default implementation.
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.apache.struts2.config.Settings.getDefaultInstance(Settings.java:298)
	at org.apache.struts2.config.Settings.getInstance(Settings.java:109)
	at
org.apache.struts2.config.LegacyPropertiesConfigurationProvider.register(LegacyPropertiesConfigurationProvider.java:67)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.impl.DefaultConfiguration.reload(DefaultConfiguration.java:131)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.ConfigurationManager.getConfiguration(ConfigurationManager.java:52)
	at
org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.Dispatcher.init_PreloadConfiguration(Dispatcher.java:395)
	at org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.Dispatcher.init(Dispatcher.java:452)
	at
org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.FilterDispatcher.init(FilterDispatcher.java:201)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.getFilter(ApplicationFilterConfig.java:221)

We have stepped through the Settings class and it seems that the
ObjectFactory.getObjectFactory() call is returning null for some reason. Any
ideas on what is going on here? We are using the struts-spring plugin as
well if that helps any.

Thanks