struts-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Pratt" <thechrispr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Scope of action messages?
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2008 17:58:19 GMT
actionmessages, actionerrors and fielderrors are all request scope, so
they'll be gone by the time the redirect comes back around.  You might
want to look into the scope interceptor, it can help bridge the gap.
  (*Chris*)

On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 10:50 AM, Allen, Daniel <Daniel.Allen@kbcfp.com> wrote:
> Hi, all.
>
>  I'm trying to display a message to the user to confirm that a new user
>  was created, basic par-for-the-course concept. However, I'm finding that
>  my <s:actionmessage/> tag doesn't render to anything. The first thing I
>  thought of was that my result for the user creation is an
>  action-redirect, so by the time we get to the JSP that shows action
>  messages, another whole action has executed. Do action messages have a
>  limited scope, i.e. are they being lost because we started a new action?
>
>  Thanks,
>  Dan Allen
>
>  --
>  This message may contain confidential, proprietary, or legally privileged information.
No confidentiality or privilege is waived by any transmission to an unintended recipient.
If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete this message immediately.
Any views expressed in this message are those of the sender, not those of any entity within
the KBC Financial Products group of companies (together referred to as "KBC FP").

>  This message does not create any obligation, contractual or otherwise, on the part of
KBC FP. It is not an offer (or solicitation of an offer) of, or a recommendation to buy or
sell, any financial product. Any prices or other values included in this message are indicative
only, and do not necessarily represent current market prices, prices at which KBC FP would
enter into a transaction, or prices at which similar transactions may be carried on KBC FP's
own books. The information contained in this message is provided "as is", without representations
or warranties, express or implied, of any kind. Past performance is not indicative of future
returns.