struts-user mailing list archives

From Jeromy Evans <jeromy.ev...@blueskyminds.com.au>
Subject Re: Inheritence of validator annotations
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2008 05:07:52 GMT
Allen, Daniel wrote:
> Hi, all.
>
> I have a superclass where almost all of the subclasses will require
> several validations for a particular field, but one subclass will use
> some but not all of those validations. I know that you can add
> @SkipValidation to avoid all validators, but is there something that you
> can use to mark a set() method as not using any of the validators on
> overridden superclass methods?
>

> Thanks,
> ~Dan Allen

I don't think such an annotation exists. It sounds like a useful
enhancement.

Do you know whether the algorithm gives precedence to the first
encountered occurrence (subclass), the last encountered (superclass) or
merges all occurrences?  I suspect it is the last case but don't recall
exactly.  If that's the case it's not a trivial fix.