struts-user mailing list archives

From Jeromy Evans <jeromy.ev...@blueskyminds.com.au>
Subject Re: Optiontransferselect list issue
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2008 05:36:53 GMT
ryangr wrote:

> With that being said...I can populate the list "groups" just fine, but when
> I try to use "user.groups" to get the other list it throws an exception that
> says: "The requested list key 'user.groups' could not be resolved as a
> collection/array/map/enumeration/iterator type." What am I doing wrong? It's
> probably pretty obvious, but this hasn't exactly been a good week for
> concentration so far. ;)

Are you just missing the getter for user? Struts2 has to call
getUser().getGroups().

> I have the following for code in my JSP:
>
> <s:optiontransferselect
> 							name="user.groups"
> 							list="user.groups"

I never have these two attributes pointing to the same property.  It may
work, but it's the first place I'd look for type conversion problems.
My list attribute always points to a List with key and value entries for
the select and the name attribute always points to a String[] that will
contain the selected key values.