struts-user mailing list archives

From Laurie Harper <lau...@holoweb.net>
Subject Re: [S2] Logging Issues
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2008 10:50:58 GMT
You can't have log4j route exception errors to the log file if you don't
catch the exception and pass it to log4j... If you allow the exception
to propagate all the way up, it will be logged by the container. Short
story: if you want to control where something gets logged to, you need
to control how it is logged.

L.