struts-user mailing list archives

From Frostt <...@frosteddesign.com>
Subject Controlling GET variables
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2008 06:46:52 GMT

I'm working on writing a forum app with Struts 2 (of which I'm a bit of a
newbie, so I apologize if I've overlooked the solution for this somewhere),
and it occurred to me that I may not be able to give it the convenience that
many PHP-based forums have.

I want my users to be able to freely share links to forums, forum topics,
user profiles, etc., which obviously means using GET variables so that the
URL contains the forum ID, message ID, or user ID for the target page.  But
not everything can function with GET variables, because things like posts to
the forum, changing one's signature or password, among other things, should
all be handled using POST.

My confusion stems from completely lacking in the knowledge of how to
control this without breaking the Struts 2 design philosophy and manually
building these links in rather than letting Struts handle it.  Again,
apologies if this is a simple matter -- my googling didn't prove to be much
help.

Tom Frost