struts-user mailing list archives

From "Narayana S" <narayanas...@gmail.com>
Subject an issue with my Action class - help me
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2008 09:15:29 GMT
Hi,

       I am new to struts 2. my page is having a list which is dynamically
generated by action, so while calling the jsp page itself from a menu, I am
calling URL  "/mymodule1/EditEmployee.action", which is mapped to
EditEmplyeeAction.java. first time when i am generating the page I am
generating list values dynamically and returning *ActionSupport.INPUT*, if
Save button is clicked on my page i am again going to the EditEmployeeAction
and this time i am doing my process and returning *ActionSupport.SUCCESS*.

     but here the problem is, i have validation annotations implemented for
all the fields, which are executed and reporting error messages when i am
page, first time it should be executed with out validations, and when save
button is clicked only it should check for validations...

to achieve this do i need to go for CRUD kind of approach? or any other
simple way is there?