struts-user mailing list archives

From ManiKanta G <manikanta.g...@sifycorp.com>
Subject Re: [S2] downloadaction class
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2008 10:05:48 GMT
My pleasure.

You can use any variable from the returning action class as with case of
remaining results, as below

            <result type="stream">
                  <param name="contentType">text/csv</param>
                  <param name="inputName">inputStream</param>
                  <param
name="contentDisposition">filename="${fileName}"</param>
                  <param name="bufferSize">1024</param>
                  <param name="parse">true</param>
            </result>

Define a instance variable holding the file name (should have getters
and setters) and use that variable in the config xml as above. Actually
you can use this type of referencing the action variables in config file.

Regards,
ManiKanta

Riccardo Mollame wrote:
> Thanks pal,
> it's been very kind of you: but is the name of the file hardcoded in the conf file?!?
> I'll try something ASAP and, eventually, abuse one more time of your kindness (let's
hope not!! ;-))...
> My best.
>        Riccardo

S2?