struts-user mailing list archives

From Wes Wannemacher <w...@wantii.com>
Subject Re: ApplicationResources.properties and JavaScript
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2008 00:56:54 GMT
On Thu, 2008-08-07 at 17:43 -0700, Dave Newton wrote:
> --- On Thu, 8/7/08, nauke. <nauke0@gmail.com> wrote:
> > No matter how I tried to pass those values in as
> > parameters, my JavaScript function kept treating
> > it as literal text
> >
> > Like:
> >
> > <%=String aString = "Hi There!"%>

Periodically, I run into this problem and find out that I don't have
*.js files mapped to the JSP servlet in Tomcat. It may not be your
problem, but if you are running javascript that comes from a separate
file with a .js file extension, tags and scriptlets don't work unless
you have mapped them to the JSP servlet.

I've had this problem when using tags in both JS and CSS files. It's
easy enough to fix, but it's a mistake I make with every project I start
from scratch and always takes me an hour or more to figure out :)

-Wes

PS - Dave, I caught myself this time, I almost sent this only to you
again!