struts-user mailing list archives

From Milan Milanovic <milanmilanov...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [S2] Refactoring Action classes
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2008 13:45:53 GMT

Dear Jeromy,

Jeromy Evans - Blue Sky Minds wrote:

> Out of interest, which container and browser are you testing with and
> how is the browser sending the JSessionID to your container?
> Within the browser you can determine whether you are using the same
> JSessionID or a new one by monitoring the raw requests. If the Session
> was lost, you'd have a new JSessionID.

I'm using Tomcat 5.5.23 and I tried with Internet Explorer 7.0 and Firefox
3.0.
Yes, I can do that, to monitor the raw http requests in Eclipse.

Jeromy Evans - Blue Sky Minds wrote:

> A redirect result and a redirectAction result are the same as far as the
> browser is concerned. They both return a 30x http status with a location
> header providing the next URL to GET.  In the case of redirectAction,
> the result calculates the URL based on the name of the action. In the
> redirect case, the result uses the location value directly.  In both
> cases, the URL performs a GET to the new URL, including the JSessionID
> if appropriate (if it's in a cookie, or included in the URL)

O.K.

Jeromy Evans - Blue Sky Minds wrote:

> It is feasible that your JSessionID is indeed reset as the result of a
> redirect if cookies are disabled and JSessionID is not automatically
> appended to the new location by the container/struts2.

No, my cookies are enabled all the time. But if my JSessionID is not
automatically
appended to the new location by container/struts2 in case of redirect
action, why ?

--
Best regards, Milan