struts-user mailing list archives

From JeffShelley <jshel...@stuntmansoftware.com>
Subject struts2 map of maps
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2008 00:17:47 GMT

I'm trying to set a whole hierarchy (from a TON of checkboxes) coming in to a
request and not having much luck.  I'm using the spring object factory.

I don't know whether the problem is in xwork, Spring, Struts or me.  Is what
I'm trying even possible?

Thanks!
--Jeff

------------EXAMPLE-------------------

Here's a simple case of what I'd like to do:

http://localhost:8080/picsWeb2/Test.action?data[12][5][hi]=true

Here's the error I'm getting:  ERROR - ParametersInterceptor -
[setParameters]: Unexpected Exception caught setting 'data[12][5][hi]' on
'class TestAction: Error setting expression 'data[12][5][hi]' with value
'[Ljava.lang.String;@1b0b765'

And here's the code:
public class TestAction extends ActionSupport {

	protected Map<Integer, Map<Integer, Map<String, Boolean>>> data = null;

	public String execute()
	{
		return SUCCESS;
	}

	public Map<Integer, Map<Integer, Map<String, Boolean>>> getData() {
		return data;
	}

	public void setData(Map<Integer, Map<Integer, Map<String, Boolean>>> data)
{
		this.data = data;
	}
}