struts-user mailing list archives

From Stephan Schröder <simon.v...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: There is no Action mapped for namespace / and action name ...
Date Sat, 30 Aug 2008 17:41:57 GMT

> If you are using trunk
not sure what you mean. you mean whether i use a new version from svn trunk?

I found the root of the problem. Struts doens't find my struts.xml file
(which includes my other files).
The XmlConfigurationProvider.loadConfigurationFiles(String fileName, Element
includeElement) calls ClassLoaderUtil.getRessources(
"struts.xml",XmlConfigurationProvider.class,false ) which returns an empty
Iterator<URL>.
There has to be a problem with the classloader. (It is called inside
getRessources.) I reinstalled Java, this time using synaptic instead of just
downloading it to a direrectory and wiring it inside Eclipse, but that
didn't help either. (Changing from sun1.6.07 to sun1.6.06 to 1.5.0gcj).
The strange thing is that deploying the war-file directly in tomcat works
(which uses 1.6.06). Only importing it in eclipse and deploying it from
there raises the exception.

Any ideas?

/Stephan

Musachy Barroso wrote:

> If you are using trunk I would suggest to use the new filters, I also had
> some trouble using the "old" fillter, this is what I have in my web.xml
> and
> everything seems to work fine:
>
>   <filter>
>         <filter-name>struts-prepare</filter-name>
>
> <filter-class>org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.ng.filter.StrutsPrepareFilter</filter-class>
>     </filter>
>     <filter>
>         <filter-name>struts-execute</filter-name>
>
> <filter-class>org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.ng.filter.StrutsExecuteFilter</filter-class>
>     </filter>
>     <filter>
>         <filter-name>sitemesh</filter-name>
>
> <filter-class>com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter</filter-class>
>     </filter>
>     <filter-mapping>
>         <filter-name>struts-prepare</filter-name>
>         <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
>     </filter-mapping>
>     <filter-mapping>
>         <filter-name>sitemesh</filter-name>
>         <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
>     </filter-mapping>
>     <filter-mapping>
>         <filter-name>struts-execute</filter-name>
>         <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
>     </filter-mapping>
>
> musachy
>
> On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 9:24 AM, Stephan Schröder <simon.void@gmx.de>
> wrote:
>

>> no, deleting the namespace-attribute on the package didn't work for me.
>>
>> I did a little debugging and i got this far: The Dispatcher init-method
>> invokes initTraditionalXMLConfigurations(). I think this is the place
>> where
>> all my namespace files (i got one for every package. they are included in
>> struts.xml) should be converted to Configuration instances, right?
>> The problem seems to be that initParams.get("config"); returns null and
>> therefore only default files (struts.xml,struts-default.xml and
>> struts-plugin.xml) are included. initParams is given to the depatcher via
>> constructor argument. So i'm not sure where it is initiated? I'm going to
>> check FilterDispatcher now but it's all a little bitte messy. So if you
>> know
>> where to look, please give me a hint.
>>
>> /Stephan
>>

>> simson wrote:
>> >
>> > I had the same problem and the indication on the following link helped
> [...]
action name

>> com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionProxy.prepare(DefaultActionProxy.java:177)
>> >>>>> >> >

>> com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionProxyFactory.createActionProxy(DefaultActionProxyFactory.java:59)
>> >>>>> >> >

>> org.apache.struts2.rest.RestActionProxyFactory.createActionProxy(RestActionProxyFactory.java:40)
>> >>>>> >> >

>> org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.Dispatcher.serviceAction(Dispatcher.java:439)
>> >>>>> >> >

>> org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.FilterDispatcher.doFilter(FilterDispatcher.java:395)
>> >>>>> >> >

>> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:186)
>> >>>>> >> >

>> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:157)
>> >>>>> >> >

>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:214)
>> >>>>> >> >

>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:104)
>> >>>>> >> >

>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520)
>> >>>>> >> >

>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invokeInternal(StandardContextValve.java:198)
>> >>>>> >> >

>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:152)
>> >>>>> >> >

>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:104)
>> >>>>> >> >

>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520)
>> >>>>> >> >

>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:137)
>> >>>>> >> >

>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:104)
>> >>>>> >> >

>> org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:118)
>> >>>>> >> >

>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:102)
>> >>>>> >> >

>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520)
>> >>>>> >> >

>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
>> >>>>> >> >

>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:104)
>> >>>>> >> >

>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520)
>> >>>>> >> >

>> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:929)
>> >>>>> >> >

>> org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:160)
>> >>>>> >> >

>> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:799)
>> >>>>> >> >

>> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:705)
>> >>>>> >> >

>> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:577)
>> >>>>> >> >

>> org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:683)

model;

= new

>> ****************************************************************************************

all

the URL above

RESTful

do with
URL

for
PM

RESTful

>> <filter-class>org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.FilterDispatcher</filter-class>

Struts2.1.3
cause of