struts-user mailing list archives

From "Stephan Schröder" <simon.v...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: RE: [S2]Validation with xml file not working
Date Fri, 15 Aug 2008 13:36:37 GMT
> Stephan, are you getting this exception ("URI is not hierarchical") too?

actually i did, i just checked the logs (catalina.out). But the last time was on July 22th.
But i have some more straight forward errors now:

Caught exception while loading file actions/security/Login-register-validation.xml
www.opensymphony.com - Class: java.net.PlainSocketImpl
File: PlainSocketImpl.java
Method: connect
Line: 177 - java/net/PlainSocketImpl.java:177:-1
        at com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.DomHelper.parse(DomHelper.java:123)
Caused by: java.net.UnknownHostException: www.opensymphony.com
              at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:177)

Important Information: when i tested the webapp on my laptop the laptop wasn't online (local
Tomcat6) :-)
So does that mean validation will always fail when the server has no internet connection?!
Probably because it tries to check if the xml-file is well formed and fails to get the DTD?
What could be done as workaround for this problem?

/Stephan

-------- Original-Nachricht --------