struts-user mailing list archives

From "Stephan Schröder" <simon.v...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: struts 2.0.11.2 <s:if test=""> problem
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2008 13:27:20 GMT
> Initially when i don't have in my session
> <s:if test="%{user.roleId==0}">
> it is working if i write getters and setters for user object in my action class

Exactly, because the action is pushed onto the value stack automatically.
You might want to read the short section on the Value Stack / OGNL on the freely available
ebook "Starting Struts 2" (gestor-escolar.googlecode.com/files/struts2.pdf) on page 29 to
31 to understand which variables are accessible within tags.
An even better place to look is chapter 6.1 of "Struts 2 in Action" which is more detailed
(but not available for free).

/Stephan