struts-user mailing list archives

From "Stephan Schröder" <simon.v...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [S2] Does struts set null values for pojo fields?
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2008 08:09:39 GMT
I think you cann't expect Struts 2 to automatically remove an object just because one of it's
properties is set to null. Ok, in your case it's the id-property but struts 2 (or better OGNL)
doesn't know that.
So i don't think this is worth a feature request.
But here is the workaround i'd use:
use the prepare-Interceptor after params and set group to null if the ID is null in the prepare
method. That way the execute method stays a simple "persist( user );return SUCCESS;".

/Stephan