struts-user mailing list archives

From "Stephan Schröder" <simon.v...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: help in build.xml
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2008 13:39:40 GMT
why do you need a build.xml to run a struts2 application? Of course it's a good idea to use
ant or maven2 as Build tools but it's not required.
I uploaded a helloWorld.war (http://www.file-upload.net/download-1066806/struts2helloworld.war.html)
which you can download and then import in Eclipse by right-clicking on the Package Explorter
and select Import. Then you select Web/War file. The you browse to my war-file and select
it. You have to select or create a Target runtime too. Just use eclipses wizzards (i have
Tomcat6 installed without any special configuration). Then click Finisch. Now right-click
on your struts2helloworld-Project and select "Run As -> Run on Server". A few seconds later
the message "Message: Hello World" should appear on your screen.
This assumes you have the eclipse Web Tools Platform (WTP) installed.

/Stephan

-------- Original-Nachricht --------