struts-user mailing list archives

From "Nayyer Kamran" <Nayyer.Kam...@orbian.com>
Subject Ampersand sign problem
Date Wed, 27 Aug 2008 08:54:06 GMT
Hello,

I am trying to use “ISO-8859-1” char set in my web application. But when I try to display
“?” sign using html:text field it displays “&#163;”. If I look at the HTML source
there I see that “&” is escaped by the character entity “&amp;” so now instead
of “&#163;” the value is “&amp;#163;” .  Where as if I use simple input field
to display this value it work fine.

I believe this is because html:text tag escaping “&” sign.  How I can avoid this multiple
escaping.

I am using jbossAS 4.0.5, Struts 1.2.9.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,

This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the individual
or entity to whom they are addressed, and may contain confidential and/or proprietary information.
Therefore, any dissemination, distribution or copy of this email or such attached files, or
the information contained herein and therein, should be appropriately restricted.

If you have received this email in error please notify the sender immediately by return email
and kindly delete this message and all attachments..