struts-user mailing list archives

From "Gundersen, Richard" <Richard.Gunder...@london-scottish.com>
Subject RE: 2 Validation Questions
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2008 14:38:18 GMT
Nice one - thanks for the tips Gabriel, much appreciated.

Richard Gundersen
Java Developer

Email: richard.gundersen@london-scottish.com
Phone: 01618302398
Fax: 01618342536
London Scottish Bank plc
24 Mount Street
Manchester
M2 3LS

-----Original Message-----
From: Gabriel Belingueres [mailto:belingueres@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 05, 2008 3:12 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: 2 Validation Questions

1) You can create a new theme and change the look and feel of the form
and of course where the field errors will be displayed. You can create
individual template Freemarker scripts for the textfield tag too.
2) IIRC, this javascript validation bug was resolved in the 2.1.x
branch.

2008/8/5 Gundersen, Richard <Richard.Gundersen@london-scottish.com>:
> Would really appreciate any help with the following (sent yesterday).
> Just a pointer to some good docs would be great
>
> -------------------------------------
>
> Basic question sorry (looked all over but can't find the answer)
>
> 1) When validation fails for my 'username' textfield, the error
message
> is displayed ABOVE the text box.
>
> Is it possible to have more fine-grained control over how to position
> the error message. Ideally I would like it below (and in line with)
the
> text box.
>
> 2) If I enter an invalid value twice, the original message is still
> there, so I have two 'username is invalid' messages on the screen now.
> know this is done by the javascript so I want to know the recommended
> way of overriding this behaviour.
>
> Thanks
>
> -Richard
>
> As a responsible corporate citizen, London Scottish Bank plc asks you
to consider the environment before printing this email.

> *** Disclaimer ***
>
> This electronic communication is confidential and for the exclusive
use of the addressee. It may contain private and confidential
information. The information, attachments and opinions contained in this
E-mail are those of its author only and do not necessarily represent
those of London Scottish Bank PLC or any other members of the London
Scottish Group.

> If you are not the intended addressee, you are prohibited from any
disclosure, distribution or further copying or use of this communication
or the information in it or taking any action in reliance on it. If you
have received this communication in error please notify the Information
Security Manager at ISM@London-Scottish.com as soon as possible and
delete the message from all places in your computer where it is stored.

> We utilise virus scanning software but we cannot guarantee the
security of electronic communications and you are advised to check any
attachments for viruses. We do not accept liability for any loss
resulting from any corruption or alteration of data or importation of
any virus as a result of receiving this electronic communication.

> Replies to this E-mail may be monitored for operational or business
reasons. London Scottish Bank PLC is regulated by the Financial Services
Authority.

> London Scottish Bank plc, Registered Office: 201 Deansgate, Manchester
M3 3NW Registered Number 973008 England.

> Subsidiary Companies:-
>
> London Scottish Finance Limited, Registered Office: 201 Deansgate,
Manchester M3 3NW Registered Number 233259 England.

> London Scottish Broking Limited, Registered Office: 201 Deansgate,
Manchester M3 3NW Registered Number 230110 England.

> London Scottish Invoice Finance Limited, Registered Office: 201
Deansgate, Manchester M3 3NW Registered Number 2643766 England.

> Robinson Way & Company Limited, Registered Office: 201 Deansgate,
Manchester M3 3NW Registered Number 885896 England.