struts-user mailing list archives

From Janesh Subrahmanyan <jan...@tumri.com>
Subject OT: Asynchronous queue between two web applications
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2008 11:53:03 GMT
Hi,

We have two applications and need to periodically synchronize data from
one to another. One is the master (source) and other is the destination.
The applications are running on tomcat servers on separate linux boxes.

I thought of using a JMS based asynchronous queue for the data
sync/handshake. From what I read there are multiple ways to do this -
using activeMQ, openJMS,  tomcat's inbuild JMS etc. Also there are a
variety of supporting tools like Spring JMS etc. Not sure how to take
this forward. Can someone tell which is the better way to implement this
requirement? [if possible please provide pointer to some
document/example to help me start with]. Thanks.

Kind Regards,
Jan