struts-user mailing list archives

From Al Sutton <al.sut...@alsutton.com>
Subject Re: [OT] RE: RE: Re: [OT] new Boolean(true)? Re: [S2] Testing if session variable is present
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2008 16:04:03 GMT
Thhhaaarrrr she blows!!!!!! (I use she in the shipping sense of the
word... i.e. everythings a she when you're at sea for that long and it's
all blokes).

Dave Newton wrote:
> --- On Fri, 8/1/08, Milan Milanovic <milanmilanovich@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> O.K. Basically I'm just asking one simple question, is
>> it possible that redirect action delete session or variables
>> in it or maybe not pass some, because they after redirecting
>> I don't have that variable in session ?
>>

> NO.
>
> There is no mechanism in S2 that arbitrarily removes session variables. The "redirectAction"
result don't do anything to the session at all. In fact, very little does anything with the
session at all.

> Look at the S2 code. Since you're not going to help us help you, you're going to have
to help yourself. All the code is available. Step through it if you have to. Read the documentation
of any code you use that might involve the session; not knowing what session.invalidate()
does leads me to believe you haven't spent much time with the Javadocs. Check your interceptor
stack and interceptor configuration. If you don't want to step through code, add an interceptor
that tracks session variables and see if an interceptor is removing it. Understand Acegi better;
if it's making you log in then something is wrong and you may lose your session there.

> RedirectAction is not the culprit, AFAICT, from the information you've provided.
>
> Hurricane Dave

Al Sutton

W: www.alsutton.com
T: twitter.com/alsutton