struts-user mailing list archives

From Al Sutton <al.sut...@alsutton.com>
Subject Re: [Friday] Re: [OT] RE: RE: Re: [OT] new Boolean(true)? Re: [S2] Testing if session variable is present
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2008 16:40:05 GMT
Ahhhh Medusa code.  So named because anyone who looks at it gets so
petrified they turn to freeze up and turn to stone.

I once worked for a company where one of their classes was about 200K in
size, the reason was the developer thought that in every you needed to
catch every exception thrown, wrap it in something else, and re-throw it.

Laugh... I laughed so hard I almost peed in my pants when I saw it. (and
yes, the company was dumb enough to pay  an expensive contractor to
"optimize" the code. he corrected the exception handling, which reduced
the code size and sped things up slighly, for which he got glowing
praise by the management).

Al.

Dave Newton wrote:
> --- On Fri, 8/1/08, Al Sutton <al.sutton@alsutton.com> wrote:
>
>> It splits your code into more manageable chunks, [...]
>>

> You're right, it does split *my* code. Unfortunately (well... fortunately, really) that
code isn't mine and I'm forbidden from even looking at it.

> Dave

Al Sutton

W: www.alsutton.com
T: twitter.com/alsutton