struts-user mailing list archives

From Al Sutton <al.sut...@alsutton.com>
Subject Re: Struts2 Application Structure
Date Sat, 16 Aug 2008 10:06:19 GMT
Not sure where you get the action-per page is the generally accepted
norm, but if your page is purely static (i.e. accesses no variables and
includes no forms), go straight to the html page.

Not only does this save you the JSP compile/post-compile interpretation
time it also allows you to move the page onto an separate Apache HTTPD
server to improve performance.

Al.

Roger wrote:
> Having followed this group for a while I know that the generally accepted
> wisdom is that every page should be handled via an Action. However, I have an
> application that is probably going to be 70% static pages with 30% Strut-able
> actions to handle form entry etc etc. This means that I'm going to have an
> awful lot of action classes that do nothing other than display the next page
> which feels kludgy. How would people deal with this?
>
> Regards

Al Sutton

W: www.alsutton.com
T: twitter.com/alsutton