struts-user mailing list archives

From James Neff <james.n...@tethyshealth.com>
Subject Re: Struts 2 and Crystal Reports XI
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2008 20:38:18 GMT
James Neff wrote:
> I am trying to find a good example of how to use Crystal Reports XI
> with Struts 2.
>
> I found this:
>
> http://www.jroller.com/njain/entry/crystal_reports_plus_struts
>
> But the code does not work. I need to see the struts.xml example and
> the author doesn't provide a list of required jar's.
>
> I see how to do the Crystal Viewer from a plain 'ole jsp page but I
> want to learn how to properly do it from a Struts Action class so that
> we can integrate our business logic into the reports.
> Can anyone provide a working sample application or point me in the
> right direction?
>
> Thanks,
> James

Given the example from the URL in my first post I was able to get it to
work mostly under Struts 2 by making appropriate changes in the code.

Now I am able to see the Crystal Report from Struts2 but I am getting
the following error.  Can someone point me in the right direction as to
how to fix it?

Thanks,
James

SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet default threw exception
java.lang.IllegalStateException
    at
org.apache.catalina.connector.ResponseFacade.sendError(ResponseFacade.java:407)
    at
org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.Dispatcher.sendError(Dispatcher.java:760)
    at
org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.Dispatcher.serviceAction(Dispatcher.java:513)
    at
org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.FilterDispatcher.doFilter(FilterDispatcher.java:419)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
    at
    at
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:175)
    at
    at
    at
    at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:286)
    at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:844)
    at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583)
    at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)