struts-user mailing list archives

From Andreas Mähler <andreas.maeh...@stud.uni-karlsruhe.de>
Subject Re: [S2] problem still with "actionRedirect" and "redirect" results (Struts2.1.2)
Date Sat, 23 Aug 2008 23:46:47 GMT
Hello Daniel,

in Struts 2.1.2, you can add an empty string to the comma sperated list
that goes to the "struts.action.extension" parameter (e.g. "action,,"
allows you to use the normal ".action" extension and the empty one) . If
you would like to switch off the extension entirely (like I do), you
need to set it to ",," because "" doesn't work.
I'm using the struts.xml: <constant name="struts.action.extension"
value=",,"/>

Discussion about the topic on struts-dev:
http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@struts.apache.org/msg29348.html
Feature in the Apache tracker:

HTH.

Auf Wiedersehen!
~Andreas

P.S: CC to struts-user; just in case other ppl are interested as well.

Daniel Ruan schrieb:
 > Hello Andreas,
 >
 > I was searching the Struts2 mailing list and came across this post
from you.  I was intrigued by what you said about using the "no .action
extension" feature of 2.1.x.   I have been trying to find a way to avoid
the action extension, but I cannot find any reference online about what
you alluded to.  Could you please shed more light?  I just upgraded to
2.1.2.