struts-user mailing list archives

From Pablo Vázquez Blázquez <pvazq...@denodo.com>
Subject [OT] Web app confirm changes
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2008 09:59:23 GMT
Hi!

I have a question nothing to do with struts2, but with web apps design
and I would be gratefull if you could help me with this problem:

Well, in my app there are some forms. Imagine you click an item to edit
its configuration. Then, the edition form appears. Then, you change some
value and click another link (another item, for instance), but *you did
not submit your changes*. I would like to tell the user that there are
unsaved changes and if he want to continue or cancel the navigation to
keep in the form, so he can now submit it. I could do it with a global
javascript variable "sthChanged", but I would have to modify *each*
<input> element to add it an onchange event to set sthChanged=true when
changes. And, besides that, I would have to modify each link to check
that variable and execute a confirm javascript dialog if it is true and
so on...

Is there a better aproximation for this problem? Do you know any
websites where exist this use case?

Thank you.