struts-user mailing list archives

From James Neff <james.n...@tethyshealth.com>
Subject Re: [S2] Problem with list of submit buttons
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2008 15:39:15 GMT
Ylva Degerfeldt wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Maybe I could use the "onclick" attribute of s:submit but I don't know
> the syntax for sending a value to the Action there. (Isn't that
> javascript?)
>
> Can somebody please help me with this?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> /Ylva

Are you asking on how to get different buttons to do different actions?

If so, then here is what I did:

My JSP:

<s:form id="myForm" name="myForm" action="OriginalAction" theme="simple">

<input type='button' onclick="myJavaScriptMethod();" value='button label
here'/>

</s:form>

In the <head> section:

      function myJavaScriptMethod() {

          document.myForm.action = "/myProject/NewAction.action";
          document.myForm.submit();

      }

And that is how I programmatically set different actions from javascript.

Is there a better way?

--James