struts-user mailing list archives

From Dave Newton <newton.d...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [S2] Refactoring Action classes
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2008 17:06:11 GMT
--- On Wed, 8/6/08, Milan Milanovic <milanmilanovich@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I don't know really, I don't use HTTPS, my cookies are enabled, my
> redirect action deleted my session variables, when I changed this
> action to standard action it worked, NO other part of the code is
> changed.

What do you mean, standard action?

Step through the S2 code: tell me where S2 is deleting your session variables.

Put a monitoring interceptor between every interceptor on the stack and tell me which interceptor
is deleting your session variables.

Log the actual HttpSession and tell me it's the same session object being logged across action
invocations.

Define your own result type by copying the existing redirectAction result and add logging
to determine when (and how) it's deleting your session variables.

Create a minimal application that reproduces the problem and file a JIRA. Be **thorough**
in your description (for example, originally you left out the bit about Acegi).

Does it exhibit the same behavior if you deactivate Acegi?

Dave