struts-user mailing list archives

From Bobby Mitch <cel...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: JBoss 5 RC1 and Struts 2 : Simple validation error (URI scheme is not "file")
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2008 12:36:12 GMT
Perhaps you mean to use this Struts-core 2.1.3 jar with this 2.1.2 Xwork jar ?

http://people.apache.org/builds/struts/nightlies/2.x/struts2-core-2.1.3-SNAPSHOT-20080912.jar

http://maven2.opensymphony.com/com/opensymphony/xwork/2.1.2-SNAPSHOT/

--- On Fri, 9/12/08, Jeromy Evans <jeromy.evans@blueskyminds.com.au> wrote:
From: Jeromy Evans <jeromy.evans@blueskyminds.com.au>
Subject: Re: JBoss 5 RC1 and Struts 2 : Simple validation error (URI scheme is not "file")
Date: Friday, September 12, 2008, 3:56 AM

Bobby Mitch wrote:
> hi,
> thanks for the explanations.
>
> "Which means if you work from a snapshot version of xwork it's
fixed
> (which is a 2.1 stream though, which you don't want)."
>
> What do you mean here ?

I didn't realise you could move to 2.1.x.  It's not a trivial migration

normally. A link to the migration guide is provided below.

There's two options.
1. build it from source, which is pretty easy as all the dependencies
are resolved automatically.  This is your most reliable option.

*Actually, there is no second option.  I can't find xwork-2.1.2-SNAPSHOT
for download anywhere.

2. download the snapshot jars from the following locations:
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/struts/struts2-core/2.1.3-SNAPSHOT/
or
(and parent directory/plugins for the necessary plugins)
and then download the xwork-2.1.2-SNAPSHOT binary from....ahhh....I
don't know. I can't find it anywhere.

I'd just check out the source.
http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/building-the-framework-from-source.html

Migration guide: