struts-user mailing list archives

From Wes Wannemacher <w...@wantii.com>
Subject Re: Include menu action with sitemesh
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2008 01:21:23 GMT
David,

I use S2 tags all the time in my sitemesh decorators. When I first did
it, I hadn't put much thought into it (maybe the filter won't be
available to sitemesh, the action is the decorated page, not the
decorator, etc.), I just did it and it worked. It wasn't until later
that I thought maybe it wasn't right. However, it worked fine and I have
been happily doing it since. Rather than -

  <s:action name="menu" />

Why not use the <sx:div /> tag?

http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/ajax-div-template.html

Just be careful that the menu action does not get decorated by Sitemesh,
otherwise the result can be pretty bizarre :)

-Wes

On Mon, 2008-09-01 at 10:50 +0100, David Loup wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm using sitemesh with struts 2 and am currently applying a decorator to all my actions,
including a static menu in a div.

> So something like
> <ul>
> <li>menuitem 1 </li>
> <li>menuitem 2 </li>
> <li>menuitem 3 </li>
> </ul>
> <decorator:body />
>
> What I want to do is make that menu build dynamically to have, in spirit:

>  <s :action name=menu/>
> <decorator:body />
>
> I have my menu action, which works, to display menu content in a separate JSP. How can
I "include" that action's execution in my decorator to get the desired effect ?

> Thanks

> CONFIDENTIALITY - This email and any files transmitted with it, are confidential, may
be legally privileged and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom
they are addressed. If this has come to you in error, you must not copy, distribute, disclose
or use any of the information it contains. Please notify the sender immediately and delete
them from your system.

> SECURITY - Please be aware that communication by email, by its very nature, is not 100%
secure and by communicating with Perform Group by email you consent to us monitoring and reading
any such correspondence.

> VIRUSES - Although this email message has been scanned for the presence of computer viruses,
the sender accepts no liability for any damage sustained as a result of a computer virus and
it is the recipients responsibility to ensure that email is virus free.

> AUTHORITY - Any views or opinions expressed in this email are solely those of the sender
and do not necessarily represent those of Perform Group.

> COPYRIGHT - Copyright of this email and any attachments belongs to Perform Group, Companies
House Registration number 6324278.