struts-user mailing list archives

From Roger <roger.var...@googlemail.com>
Subject Possible bug with <s:select> Struts 2.0.11
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2008 18:41:24 GMT
Hi

Using the <s:select> tag when getting the data from the action, appears not to
retrieve the label text from my resource bundle. but when I list the options
in the jsp it does. So;

<s:select label="label.homeInsurance.details.housetype"
                                  name="housetype"
                                  list="houseType"
                                  required="true"
                                  headerKey="-1"
                                  headerValue="--Select--"
                                 cssClass="select"
                                  />

displays "label.homeInsurance.details.housetype" as the text for the label
whereas;

<s:select key="label.homeInsurance.details.owner"
                                  name="owner"
                                  headerKey="-1"
                                  headerValue="--Select--"

list="#{'01':'Owner', '02':'Tenant','03':'Other'}"
                                  required = "true"
                                  cssClass="select"/>
correctly displays the text from my resource bundle.

Have I missed something before I report a bug?