struts-user mailing list archives

From Roger <roger.var...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Model Driven Tutorial/Howto
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2008 21:07:19 GMT
On Monday 01 September 2008 23:43:14 Dave Newton wrote:
> --- On Mon, 9/1/08, Roger wrote:
> > That's kinda why I was asking for a tutorial/howto for
> > beginners before I make an idiot of myself - particularly
> > in light of my recent post in the <s:select> tag :-(
>
> Since it's already too late you might as well post it then ;)
>
> I don't know of any tutorials, although I'm sure there are some out there.
> Consider it a golden opportunity to write one and become (mildly) famous.
>
> Really, if your action implements ModelDriven, you have the interceptor in
> the stack, and the form input elements are named appropriately there
> shouldn't be any issue, and my simple sanity check couldn't reproduce what
> you're seeing (or at least I didn't get anything other than typical
> debug/info statements in the log).

One of the (many) messages I'm seeing is;
 02-Sep-2008 00:03:39
com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.ParametersInterceptor setParameters
SEVERE: ParametersInterceptor - [setParameters]: Unexpected Exception caught
setting 'addressLine1' on 'class com.vasilikon.HomeInsurance_1Action: Error
setting expression 'addressLine1' with value '[Ljava.lang.String;@1980c26'

If I really shouldn't be seeing this, I'll try and strip things down to give a
simple example.

Regards