struts-user mailing list archives

From Dave Newton <newton.d...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Validation based on other fields
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2008 16:14:59 GMT
--- On Thu, 9/4/08, Gundersen, Richard wrote:
> I'd like to do it with the client side javascript if possible
> (to prevent having to reload the page just for validation) but
> I can't find anything in the Xwork docs.
>
> Not a problem if I do - I can move all the validation to
> the Java, but I'd just like to know either way

IIRC the expression and field expression validators [1,2] don't have client-side implementations.
You don't need to move it into the Java if you don't want to, though, you can use XML-based
validation.

If reloading is your only concern you can also do Ajax-based validation.

Dave

[1] http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/expression-validator.html
[2] http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/fieldexpression-validator.html