struts-user mailing list archives

From Dave Newton <newton.d...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [S2] PropertyTag display data
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2008 12:38:39 GMT
--- On Fri, 9/12/08, Roger wrote:
> The textfield property correctly displays the value, neither
> of the property tags display anything at all. What's the
> correct syntax for the property value attribute?

In addition to what Jeremy said...

My first response was to say it was because you spelled "valuables" wrong and the framework
is just really snooty.

You can also use the "id" (S2.0) or "var" (S2.1) attribute to assign the current value of
the iteration and access it that way if you're adamant about using an explicit reference,
with a bit less keyboarding:

<s:iterator value="valuables" var="valuable" status="status">
  <s:property value="#valuable.description"/>
</s:iterator>

Obviously for the text field you'd still need to set the name appropriately using the status
object.

Dave